Someone who is interested in Salesforce must know that getting into the industry is the key to getting a good salary package and a better job profile. Given the complications of the platform, the interview session can be quite tough. You need to be prepared well in advance so that there is a better chance of clearing it in one go.
The Salesforce admin is one of the major people who has got a vital job profile. Thus when you have a proper idea about the possible questions and answers that can be asked in the interview session. This will ensure things will work well for you. The guide here will ensure you are able to get proper assistance.
1. Salesforce- what is it?
Salesforce is a highly popular customer relationship management tool used globally. The system allows the businesses to manage the relationship of the business and the date with the information that is associated with them.
2. Difference between forced.com and salesforce.com
On one side, force.com is a platform that is meant to help the business and the developers build powerful enterprise applications. While on the other salesforce.com is a CRM application that is developed based on SaaS.
3. What is an app in the Salesforce platform?
In simple words, it is a group of tabs that makes it quite easy for the user to assess the asset of related features in the browser application.
4. What do you know about tabs?
Taps is the one that is responsible for making the views that help the user to see the information right at one instance.
5. What is a profile?
A profile can be defined as a collection of settings and permissions which helps determine the functional access of the user for how the information is displayed to them.
6. Differentiate between custom profile and standard profile
The custom profiles are the ones that are created by the administrators and can be fully customized. On the other side, standard profiles are a part of Salesforce that is not fully customizable.
7. What is the role?
Role in Salesforce is designed for increasing the data visibility of a particular user. It can be done by sharing the rules and role hierarchy of the organization.
8. What do you know about sharing rules?
By opting for sharing rules, it is possible to make automatic exceptions to the organization with default sharing settings for a specific set of users.
9. What is the difference between a profile and a role?
On the one hand, the profile determines what that user can see, do, or edit on the record. On the other side, the role is a way of controlling access to records.
10. Name the standard profiles available on Salesforce?
There are about six sets of standard profiles which are widely used. This includes system administrator, read-only, standard user, solution manager, contract manager, and marketing user.
11. Name the different types of relationships and Salesforce.
Salesforce has got the following types of relationships that can be established among the objects.
- Lookup relationship
- Many too many relationships
- Master-detail relationship
- Indirect lookup relationship
- Hierarchical relationship
- External lookup relationship
12. Name different data management tools in Salesforce.
Data loader and data import are the two widely used management tools.
13. What do you understand about field-level security?
In Salesforce, it is meant to provide permission at the object level for restricting the user’s access to edit or view some fields on the object.
14. Explain about formula field in Salesforce
It is a read-only field that is derived from the value of the formula expression you will define.
But one cannot edit the formula field. When there is a change made to the source field, the formula fill will change automatically.
15. What is a dashboard?
In simple terms, it is a visual representation of the snapshots that are generated from the data of the report in Salesforce.
16. Name the components of the dashboard.
Donut chart line, chart starter, chart funnel, chart table, vertical bar chart, horizontal bar chart, visual force pages, etc., are some of the dashboard components.
17. Name the type of workflow.
Mention here is the type of workflow
- Email alert
- Outbound message
- Field update
18. What do you know about auto-response rules?
The rule automatically sends surveyed and customized email templates for the new leads from the website. Thus it will be quite a convenient measure for the business to handle things properly.
19. What do you know about visual force?
In simple terms, it can be defined as a component-based UI framework that is responsible for aligning the user to build a sophisticated custom user interface using the tag-based mark. It is a language that is a lot more similar to HTML.
20. What is the test class?
Test class in Salesforce is used to test the business functionality by using certain dummy data in the code. It will clearly showcase the number of lines that are covered.
21. Who is the user?
A user is a person who has got credentials to login into the Salesforce and make use of the application.
22. Who are delegate administrators?
They are the people who have the ability to supervise those in a specific job or subordinate position.
They can give us a job to a specific provider and can even log in as users who have got login permission as an administrator. In simple words, they are the individuals who share the admin rights.
23. What are master-detail relationships?
When explained in simple terms, the master record is tightly linked to the sub detail and detail records, allowing it to govern specific behaviors of sub detail records and the details.
24. How to increase the storage?
For this, you can begin by purchasing more storage space or consider adding the license in the enterprise, professionals, etc.
Further, you can choose to delete certain outdated contacts or the leads. Removal of some Salesforce CRM content can also be helpful.
25. What is the limitation of using milestones?
While using milestones, it is not possible to support records without the use of the entitlement process.
Further, the tracker and the components of the milestone are not displayed in the Salesforce mobile application.
26. Which automation tool can be used for building a wizard for collecting all the information?
If there is a need for building a wizard to collect all the essential information, then making use of Flow Builder will work the best.
27. Name a business-oriented automation tool.
Process Builder happens to be one of the most popular tools that can be simplified to if/then statements.
28. What is the advantage of using declarative tools?
The tool is mostly used for administrating an application. In simple words, when you need to satisfy the customization demands, there is no longer a need to use the command-line interface as you will progress to the ALM phase.
You can use the setup menu to make any required changes in the development environment and then mitigate those changes between environments.
29. Name different ways you can store images, files, and documents.
The files can be stored in multiple ways, which include attachments, Google drive, documents, libraries, and chatter files.
30. What is the use of a customized contract line item field?
It allows you to control the information as what the user can add to contract line items.
Besides using it, one can even create a custom contract line item field that will be specific to the industrial for supporting the process.
31. What is login history?
It is the instant user login into the organization. It is a lot more similar to the login history in Salesforce.
However, herein you can add HTTP header information to the login events, which makes it extensible.
32. Name different types of sharing rules in Salesforce
- The count sharing rule
- Case sharing rule
- Contact sharing rule
- Lead sharing rule
- The opportunity sharing rule
- The custom object sharing rule
33. Name different types of relationships in SFDC
- Master-detail relationship
- May many relationships
- Lookup relationship
- Hierarchy relationship
34. What is a trigger?
It is a piece of code that helps with the execution before or after a report that is being updated or inserted. It is easy to trigger across the object or for anything that is related to the object.
35. In what ways can you decide on the apex class?
- Visual page
- Web service
- Email services
36. Is it possible to have a roll-up outline field in case of a master-detail relationship?
Yes, it is quite possible to have a roll-up outline field in case of a master-detail relationship. However, it won’t be possible in case of any operation relationship.
A role up outline field is meant to show the words in an exceedingly master record that has been supported by the values of field collections in an exceeding detailed record.
Herein the detail record must be associated with the master through a detail master relationship.
37. Mention different data access levels in Salesforce
- Organizational level security can be used for maintaining the list of authorized users and for limiting login access to certain times and locations.
- Object-level security is used for setting permissions on an object, deleting, viewing, or editing a record of any given object.
- The field-level security is used for restricting the fields where the user can access a specific object.
- The record level security is meant for alloying the users to view a particular object and restrict the object records they can see.
38. What do you know about Salesforce lightning?
It is a component-based framework that is designed for unfamiliar business users who have no idea about programming. The framework is meant to make the app development process a lot easier and faster.
39. How can you manage record-level axes?
It is the job of the Salesforce administrator to manage a record level access which can be done in the following ways
- Manual sharing
- Sharing rules
- Role hierarchies
- Organisation white defaults
40. What do you know about workflow in Salesforce?
In simple terms, it can be defined as a business logic that is meant for evaluating the records while updating and creating processes and determining any need for automated action.
The workflow herein lets the record perform an action like notifying people or updating the data.
41. What do you know about WhatID and WhoID?
When described in simple words, WhoID is used for people like contacts or leads. In contrast, WhatID is meant for objects such as accounts, campaigns, or cases.
42. When is there any need to use a data loader?
- When there is a need to load more than 50,000 but a maximum of 5,000,000 records
- When you need to save multiple mapping files that are to be used later
- To prevent any duplication of the uploaded records
- When there is a need to load into an object which is not yet supported by the web-based importance
- For exporting data for backup purposes.
43. What is an Apex transaction?
It represents a set of operations that is being executed as a single unit.
44. How can you clear the time-based workflow action queue?
For this, you can either remove the scheduled actions of the queue, or you can choose to turn the criteria to false.
45. Who can access the drag and drop dashboard?
The users who have got the manage dashboard permissions are the ones who can only access the drag and drop dashboard.
46. How can you run Salesforce report?
For this, all you need to do is Run Report, and then there will be a report automatically running in Salesforce.
47. What do you know about the data import wizard?
It is there to make it easier for the administrators to import standard objects like the leads, accounts, etc. In simple terms, it enables to import of objects fast and easy.
48. What are custom reports in Salesforce?
They are built as per the requirement of the organization. This report is its own customer standard object.
When the user is keen on creating a dynamic, complex report quickly, then they can make use of a template to specify the object or the relationship that is used for making the report.
49. What do you know about Matrix and trend reports?
Herein the matrix report is considered to be a lot more similar to the summary report.
However, in the case of a matrix report, the columns and the rows are grouped while the data appears in the Excel sheet both horizontally and vertically.
On the other side, the trend reports are meant on the historical data. You can consider the fields that contain historical data and those that have to be left out.
50. What are the error causes for insufficient privilege axes in a partner community with external users?
To identify the error, one needs to check the following so that external users might have access to all the data for the internal users.
- There is a need to check the field level security for all the field men for the external users that is to be used in the report.
- One needs to check if the standard visibility record settings are enabled. If it is enabled, only then will the user be able to see the standard report types.
51. What are sharing rules?
They provide sharing access to users who are meant for a specific or public role. It provides a greater level of access with automatic exceptions away from the organization. The two types of sharing rules include.
- Owner based sharing rule
- Criteria based sharing rule
52. What is the best practice for creating contact sharing rules?
Herein the permission to write, read, or read/write are to be used by using the default settings, which are meant for the entire organization.
53. What are user permissions in Salesforce?
These are the tasks performed by the Salesforce users and have accessible features or other functions of the user permission. These are enabled by custom profiles or permission sets.
54. Which fields are indexed by default in Salesforce?
- Primary keys
- Audit dates
- Foreign keys
- Custom fields
55. What do you know about conditional highlighting in Salesforce?
When there is a need for highlighting field values in Matrix with the use of colors, then conditional highlighting is used.
But a vital thing to remember is that the report must have at least one summary field or the custom summary formula.
56. How to automate the business process?
In Salesforce, there are multiple tools like workflow, approvals, flow builder, and process builder that can be used for automating the business processes.
57. What do you know about custom levels in Salesforce?
They are made to help with the creation of a multilingual application in Salesforce. It provides the information automatically to the users in the form of error messages and the help text using their native language.
In simple terms, they can be defined as the custom text values that can be assessed from a visual force page or lightning components.
The values can easily be translated into any language that is supported by Salesforce.
58. What are escalation rules?
The rules are meant for the escalation of the cases as per the criteria which are defined in the rule entry along with the entries. It is possible for the creation of escalation actions to specify what will happen when a case escalates.
59. What is the use of Salesforce chatter?
In Salesforce, chatter is a social networking application that allows users to share information, have conversations with each other, and work collaboratively.
It helps greatly in building higher employee engagement by providing motivation.
Besides this, it also provides a forum across the enterprise for sharing novel ideas and insights. You can make use of the mobile feed for tracking your team or for a critical project to have a mobile-first experience.
60. How can you identify a test class?
The test classes can be easily enabled for efficient debugging. They can be used for creating error-free code in Apex. Further, they are also used for unique testing. It helps detect the box in the court and also improves it before the launch of specific software.
Besides, it also does code coverage which is the percentage of the court that works. Herein the minimum percent must be 75% so that you can navigate the code from the sandbox to production org.
Mentioned here are the best practices for the test class.
- Avoid creating multiple test methods in an attempt to test the same production code.
- The method that is used inside a test class must have a keyword testMethod which can be termed a test method
- The test classes to be annotated with the @isTest keyword
The Salesforce platform is widely growing across the globe. There is now a great demand for individuals who have got the certificate to handle the platform. Thus it is just a perfect time to start with a certification course to get good results.
Given the demand for experts in the industry, taking a salesforce certification course now can prove to be extremely beneficial. Karthik Training is the platform you can rely on for the services. They have got experts who will help you understand Salesforce well and guarantee you are able to get a proper certificate.
As a trusted platform, they are here to provide all the assistance one needs to succeed. The professionals will stay by your side and guarantee the best for you. With their help and assistance, you will have a better chance of getting a good salary package and stronghold in the industry.
So make sure you visit the website to get a better understanding of the available options.